Who doesn’t love strawberries?! Strawberries give us hope for the warmer days we know are ahead. They’re sweet and tart, they make for some awesome desserts, and today we are going to celebrate them properly. Below, you can find our three favorite strawberry recipes, right from our Recipe feature! If you want to count them for your BITES, just look them up in the app and you’ll see exactly how many BITES for your plan these great recipes are. Best part is that these recipes are all incredibly simple, so there’s no excuse not to try them!
Serves 60 | 180 minutes
- Corn Syrup (.33 cups)
- Mint Extract (.5 tsp)
- Powdered Sugar (3.75 cups)
- Strawberry Gelatin (3 tablespoons)
- Unsalted Butter (.5 cups)
- In a large mixing bowl, blend all the ingredients together until fully combined. The dough will be very crumbly. Once you pinch a small amount in your hand, roll until it comes together.
- Make any size mints you like. We recommend using 2 teaspoons of dough, rolling it into a ball, then placing it on parchment paper.
- Flatten each ball with the tines of a fork,
- Allow the mints to sit and get firm.
- After about 3 hours, put them in a bowl on your counter and leave them uncovered. They will get more firm the longer they sit. You may also refrigerate them after 3 hours. ENJOY!
Conquer Cravings: 1, Carb Conscious:1, Sugar Smart: 3, Better Balance: 3, Keeping Keto: 9.3 net carbs, Calorie Command: 50 cals
Serves 4 | 5 minutes
- Club soda (2 cups)
- Fresh mint leaves (1 cup)
- Light Rum (6 oz)
- Limes (2)
- Strawberries (1 cup)
- In a large pitcher, muddle the strawberries, mint, lime wedges, and sugar using the back of a wooden spoon or a cocktail muddler.
- Pour in the rum and stir.
- Fill four glasses with ice and divide mixture between the four glasses.
- Top each glass with club soda before garnishing with additional mint and strawberries to serve.
Conquer Cravings: 3, Carb Conscious: 1, Sugar Smart: 6, Better Balance: 6, Keeping Keto: 11.4 net carbs, Calorie Command: 151 cals
Serves 6 | 25 minutes
- Honey (3 tablespoons)
- Non-Fat Vanilla Yogurt (.5 cups)
- Strawberries – Frozen (16 oz)
- Place whole strawberries in food processor and pulse until mostly smooth. 20-45 seconds. Note: mixture will be gritty at first, just keep pulsing!
- Spoon in vanilla yogurt and pulse until smooth and incorporated.
- Add in the honey. Taste and add more honey or sugar if needed.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to an air-tight container and store in the freezer. Note: if keeping in the freezer, let sorbet sit for 10 minutes to soften a bit before serving.
Conquer Cravings: 1, Carb Conscious: 2, Sugar Smart: 4, Better Balance: 4, Keeping Keto: 16.8 net carbs, Calorie Command: 76 cals